Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Problems with accounts?

edited August 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Whenever anyone on my forum attempts to login with a gmail account they get the error message:

"Sorry, no account could be found related to the email and password you entered."

Can anything be done about this?
Tagged:

Answers

• i get a bonk message when i try to sign in using google account.
    on localhost
  • http://vanillaforums.org/docs/errors => Errors & Troubleshooting (BONK)
    Show us in text the details of the error message

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• No servers found!
    The error occurred on or near: C:\Program Files\Ampps\www\vanilla-core-2.0.18b2\vanilla\plugins\OpenID\class.lightopenid.php
    368: $this->server = $server;
    369: return $server;
    370: }
    371:
    372: throw new ErrorException('No servers found!');
    373: }
    374: throw new ErrorException('Endless redirection!');
    375: }
    376:
    Backtrace:
    [C:\Program Files\Ampps\www\vanilla-core-2.0.18b2\vanilla\plugins\OpenID\class.lightopenid.php:504] LightOpenID->discover();
    [C:\Program Files\Ampps\www\vanilla-core-2.0.18b2\vanilla\plugins\OpenID\class.openid.plugin.php:162] LightOpenID->authUrl();
    [C:\Program Files\Ampps\www\vanilla-core-2.0.18b2\vanilla\library\core\class.pluginmanager.php:707] OpenIDPlugin->EntryController_OpenID_Create();
    [C:\Program Files\Ampps\www\vanilla-core-2.0.18b2\vanilla\library\core\class.dispatcher.php:282] Gdn_PluginManager->CallNewMethod();
    [C:\Program Files\Ampps\www\vanilla-core-2.0.18b2\vanilla\index.php:51] Gdn_Dispatcher->Dispatch();

i get this message when i did what you told.
    consider me as a nvice.m trying to find my way around here
  • Being a novice is no problem at all :-)
    Open \vanilla\plugins\OpenID\class.lightopenid.php
    Find a piece of text above line 368
    Hopefully the beginning of the function, otherwise approx 10 lines of code (or more)
    Paste that piece of code here in < code > < /code > tags (no spaces)
    There is some logic inside the PHP file that will tell you why there are no servers found (I think)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• I'm having this problem, as well - same error dump, same line.

So, here's what's around 368:

if (!$server) {
    # The same with openid 1.1
    $server = $this->htmlTag($content, 'link', 'rel', 'openid.server', 'href');
    $delegate = $this->htmlTag($content, 'link', 'rel', 'openid.delegate', 'href');
    $this->version = 1;
    }

if ($server) {
    # We found an OpenID2 OP Endpoint
    if ($delegate) {
    # We have also found an OP-Local ID.
    $this->identity = $delegate;
    }
    $this->server = $server;
    return $server;
    }

Now, I know from server to server there can be issues with curl and OpenSSL, so it occurs to me that it's possible that's somehow related. For instance, here's an issue with the Facebook plugin - and I'm presuming OpenID likewise needs an SSL connection:
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/135264/

Thoughts about how this might be fixed?