HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Best quick cache solution for vanilla?

TiGRTiGR
I've fixed OpenId plugin, and it required using some server-side storage for really short amount of time - just between 2 pages. What would be best solution for this?

Gdn::Cache() seems to be not working, Gdn::Session->SetAttribute() works only at runtime, Gdn::Session->SetPreference() works for registered users only (while this is at registration process).

$_SESSION is not being used in vanilla at all. Is it ok to start php session and use it?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Answer ✓
    There is now $Session->Stash() for popping stored variables in and out of the session array. I'm not sure where it got added, but it's been in all the .18 betas.

Answers

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Answer ✓
    There is now $Session->Stash() for popping stored variables in and out of the session array. I'm not sure where it got added, but it's been in all the .18 betas.
  • Options
    Gdn::Cache() seems to be not working
    Maybe a bug? Needs to be fixed for new beta release or Release Candidate?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Gdn::Cache() is meant for a hook for memcached. If you don't have it configured on your server then you won't get anything from Gdn::Cache().