Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

redirecting page not found

shozen1shozen1 New
edited September 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I recently migrated from phpbb 3 to vanilla 2 - Now the forum is migrated there are many URLS with the incorrect address - I understand that this is a sacrifice one takes before migrating.

What I would like to do is redirect those 'lost' urls to the main forum, at least this way they dont get the following message: "Page Not Found The page you were looking for could not be found." which will likely lead the visitor to just leave the site.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• bump

• There's 2 possibilities:
    1) Look in the sourcecode for this text : "Page Not Found The page you were looking for could not be found". It's a translation from a shorter piece of text, like page_not_found, so you can find it in the localization files. Now find that shorter piece of text, so look in all the source files for page_not_found (example).
    Now you'll find the function that's executed every time the page is not found.
    Let's say it's function Error404
    You can alter that function to your needs so every 404 page gets redirected to your main forum.
    2) Use .htaccess functions to redirect all phpbb3 like urls to your main forum. Use google for examples and apply those examples.

• shozen1shozen1 New
    edited October 2011
    @UnderDog thanks