Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Change the Way Facebook Interprets Titles

edited October 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
When someone uses the share button to post to Facebook, it generates a tiny url instead of posting the page title. How do I get FB to generate the page title?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• camocamo New
    edited October 2011 Answer ✓
    Mine seems to be working ok, I get

Kids having Fun at A reptile Party, Camos Reptiles! [non link title/description I used]
    [image from discussion here, also linked to discussion]
    Reptile Party 8th Oct Happy Birthday Jaydon! [this is a link to this discussion]
    www.camosreptiles.com.au

I did have a like button in the top of my main page for the page itself but i noticed it screwed the plugin so I removed it.

Answers

• camocamo New
    edited October 2011 Answer ✓
    Mine seems to be working ok, I get

Kids having Fun at A reptile Party, Camos Reptiles! [non link title/description I used]
    [image from discussion here, also linked to discussion]
    Reptile Party 8th Oct Happy Birthday Jaydon! [this is a link to this discussion]
    www.camosreptiles.com.au

I did have a like button in the top of my main page for the page itself but i noticed it screwed the plugin so I removed it.
  • I don't have a like button at the top of my page either. I don't know why, but this happens on all of my Vanilla forums. Even just copying and pasting the link doesn't work.