Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Altering the white flash when posting a reply

ericcarlericcarl New
edited October 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I'd like to alter the white background flash of color color that appears briefly after posting a new reply in a discussion. It looks like it is being done with javascript but I can't seem to find exactly where that color is defined. Any ideas on this? Thanks!
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    I do believe it is using the jQuery highlight. We currently don't have a hook available to override the color.
  • Options
    ericcarlericcarl New
    Answer ✓
    Scratch that - I was able to specify a background color of the element that fades (the comment) and that is the color it fades to. Previously the background was set to transparent. Success!
  • Options
    x00x00 MVP
    Answer ✓
    you can copy discussion.js in your theme's js/ folder

grep is your friend.

Answers

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    I do believe it is using the jQuery highlight. We currently don't have a hook available to override the color.
  • Options
    Thanks Todd, looks like I found it in Vanilla's discussion.js file. I was able to change it there. Unfortunately it looks like that effect only allows you to alter the color it fades from and not the color it fades to. Having a dark background in my theme makes the fade to white a little distracting so I may just remove the fade altogether. Thanks!
  • Options
    ericcarlericcarl New
    Answer ✓
    Scratch that - I was able to specify a background color of the element that fades (the comment) and that is the color it fades to. Previously the background was set to transparent. Success!
  • Options
    x00x00 MVP
    Answer ✓
    you can copy discussion.js in your theme's js/ folder

grep is your friend.

• Options
    Ahhh, very cool, thanks!