Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Utility Update is failing - how do I know why?

oliverraduneroliverraduner Contributing to Vanilla since 2010Switzerland ✭✭
edited November 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I upgraded to 2.0.18 final and so far the forum is working without any issues.

But I was not able to run /utility/update/ in order to update the (database?) structure. How can I figure out why it is failing?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Put $Configuration['Debug'] = TRUE; into your config file.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    oliverraduneroliverraduner Contributing to Vanilla since 2010 Switzerland ✭✭
    Thanks @Tim, I did so, but still only shows me a "nice" Failure-page only.
  • Options
    No luck with that either...
  • Options
    Uh, are you using a memcached server?

• Options
    Also make sure that you don't have those lines elsewhere in your config, they could be overridden.

• Options
    Thanks @Tim, I followed all your recommendations, and quite sure I do not have a memcached server. Still I just get a nice error page... To point out here, I had no Smarty folder first and then I got the debug screen with the information, that this folder was missing. I have it setup with the "compile" folder, set correct permissions, but since then the nice error page appears.
  • Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Can you go to /utility/structure and tell us what scripts it says it needs to run?
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    @Todd Now that is fancy:

Fatal Error in Gdn_PluginManager.GetPluginInstance();
    Tried to load plugin '' from access name 'PluginUtils:pluginname', but it doesn't exist.
    The error occurred on or near: /***/library/core/class.pluginmanager.php
    515: if (!class_exists($ClassName))
    516: throw new Exception("Tried to load plugin '{$ClassName}' from access name '{$AccessName}:{$AccessType}', but it doesn't exist.");
    And do you have any idea, why it might still say I am running "2.0.18rc2"?

[UPDATE] Wait, I guess I did miss something with the file upload of 2.0.18... damn that's embarrassing :(
    [UPDATE2] Nope, all files & config OK. Still above error when running /utility/structure/
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    @oliverraduner Happens to the best of us.
  • Options
    422422 Developer MVP
    Does thissolve your image issues too @Oliver

Glad you spotted the problem, they say the most obvious can sometimes e the most obscure

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    @422 the image problem affects my local dev environment with MAMP, the problem here affects my published site.