Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Removing the underline decoration and returning the button-like feel

edited November 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Good morning, gentlemen. I am currently testing Vanilla 2.0.18.1, as I am looking to upgrade from 2.0.17.10. One thing that is annoying me is the removal of the button-like feel in the header, which has been replaced by the underline decoration of links. I want it to return to like it was in 2.0.17.10.
I have been playing around with the style.css file in applications/dashboard/design/, but have been unable to change it. Can someone give me the code that has to be changed in order to make the links in the header like before?
I can provide more information if you want it.

Regards.

By button-like, I mean the darkening of the background of the link.

Best Answers

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    Here is the css from 2.0.18.1:
    #Menu a:hover {
    color: #fff;
    text-decoration: underline;
    }
  • 422422 Developer MVP
    edited November 2011 Answer ✓
    You can change to text-decoration:none

Then add backgound-color:whatever to get hover state , to give button feel

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

There hasn't been a style change like you mention. Are you using a custom theme? Can you post a screen shot of the problem?
  • edited November 2011
    There hasn't been a style change like you mention. Are you using a custom theme? Can you post a screen shot of the problem?
    I am using the default theme. I can't get hold of a screen capturing software right away, it seems. You'll have to wait for a while.

While we wait, do you have access to previous versions of Vanilla? If we hover over a link in the header, such as 'Discussions', in 2.0.17.10, the background of the text would turn dark, giving it a button-like feel. But in 2.0.18.1, when we hover over a link, it is simply underlined. I want it to return to like in 2.0.17.10.

Regards.
  • edited November 2011
    Ok, here are the screenshots.
    Vanilla 2.0.17.10
    Vanilla 2.0.18.1

In both of these images, the pointer is hovered over the 'Discussions'('Legacies' in my custom names. Pointer not visible in screenshots). If you look at both images, you will notice in 2.0.17.10, the background of legacies is 'pushed in', while in 2.0.18.1, it is simply underlined.
  • sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭
    you can always have a custom.css for your custom theme to change the look of buttons as well as the whole forum

Answer ✓
    Here is the css from 2.0.18.1:
    }
  • 422422 Developer MVP
    edited November 2011 Answer ✓
    You can change to text-decoration:none

Then add backgound-color:whatever to get hover state , to give button feel

• Here is the css from 2.0.18.1:
    }
    Thank You, sir. It worked.

Regards.