Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to get my theme to always show who started the thread

kjaonlinekjaonline
edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I need my forum to always display who started the thread and the latest response at all times at the all discussions page and category page. How do I do this on the default theme?

Answers

• Did you ever figure that out @kjaonline ?

• I figured out a way to add the thread starter's avatar to each thread. It is pretty complicated but works in Version 2.0.18.10. You have to copy /discussions/helper_functions.php into your site's custom theme, and then add this to the WriteDiscussion function:

?php echo UserPhoto($First, array('LinkClass'=>'ProfilePhotoCategory','ImageClass'=>'ProfilePhotoSmall')); ?>

Presumably there are other functions/variables that you can use to expose the username, but I haven't got that far yet. If you do, please post here.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited February 2014

@KCallwood

For such an old thread (2+ years...), it would have been better to start a new one, with details of what you actually want to achieve.

@gharald

This plugin: http://vanillaforums.org/addon/indexphotos-plugin adds the author and poster avatar.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited February 2014

authortimeview plugin also works on the discussion page and there is another plugin I can't recall that also does something similar.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.