Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How to go back to the mobile version?

ZeFishZeFish New
edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I've clicked on the original website on my iphone but how do I get back the mobile version?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP
    Answer ✓

best way is to log out, clear your cache, then log back in.

• Options

huh right... should add a parameter for that, even there is no button, at least something like "?forcemobile=true"

Thanks for you help!

• Options
    hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

ZeFish said:
    huh right... should add a parameter for that, even there is no button, at least something like "?forcemobile=true"

Thanks for you help!

the vanilla gurus are trying to come up with something. im just a guy with a forum (and users with iphones) :)

• Options

Ho! nothing personnal... sry about that.

but I'm curious how the gurus miss something like that when developing the mobile feature.

• Options
    hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

ZeFish said:
    Ho! nothing personnal... sry about that.

but I'm curious how the gurus miss something like that when developing the mobile feature.

:) no offense taken. I'm sure they will think of something clever that works across all themes and only present the mobile option to mobile users soon...

I asked the same question a while back after one of my users fat fingered his way off the mobile site a few times.

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

ZeFish

The team are looking at sorting this.

In the short term I took the option out of the mobile theme, to save my fat-fingered users.

• Options

It looks like there was a Vanilla upgrade recently. Has this issue been fixed in that? I'm on the latest (just upgraded) but I can't see an option to return to the mobile theme...

• Options
    edited January 2012

@Andy K

It wasn't mentioned in the changes listed, so I would assume not.

• Options

Any word on a fix, or at least a hack/Addon?

This bug pretty much keeps Vanilla 2 out of the top tier for mobile devices/usability...

• Options

@Andy K

You can get rid of the option by editing the mobile default.master file and deleting this:

{nomobile_link wrap="span"}

• Options

2 years on from this discussion & it's still not working? logging off/on doesn't help, either.

• Options

this gets set in a cookie for some reason, and then that cookie is never changed. you have to zap all cookies & data for Safari.

• Options

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@peregrine. thanks! not sure why that's not built-in. weird. i appreciate the help.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2013

@tabarnhart said:
    peregrine. thanks! not sure why that's not built-in. weird. i appreciate the help.

alot of things are not built in :) you've got to work with what you got.

I don't think 2.0.18.8 is going to have any more development. you could check on github or look at vanilla 2.1b2 to see if the issues has been addressed, otherwise file an issue.
    No different, then the normal procedure.

http://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/issues

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.