Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Looking for a "Statement of Rights and Responsibilities" plugin

candymancandyman ✭✭
edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello all.
After closing a forum on phpBB which had certain rules accepted by the community, I am going to re-open on Vanilla with brand new rules. So I need to create a new regulation that must be accepted by the old members as well as from new ones (of course). I thought to tick a checkbox at the time of first login. What I wonder is whether there around the web a tool / service that logs the version of the Regulation with the amendments and the list of users who have accepted it after reading it (in some sites that do not remember the check appeared only after all the text scroll).
Does anyone have experience on? There are specialized sites / plugin for this?
Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• 422422 Developer MVP
    Answer ✓

Well the best method is using combo of php and js , combine validation rules. Create a form, that displays until they agree.

I suppose you could also use disable functions for existing membes until they read he terms. In the mysql you coud create some extra member fields, ..

1. Date terms agreed.
    2. User agrees flag.

Then use conditions on the forum , if user flag = yes and agree date is => terms date , access is good. Dont display message again.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• 422422 Developer MVP

Edit terms and conditions. Put caveat in, these terms and conditions are updated regularly. We reserve the right to amend these .... at our discretion without further notice , errors and ommisions accepted. Your continued use of this service arbitrarily acknowledges this without prejudice. Or similar

• Yes but how can I assure that this rules has been read by old times users?
    They've accepted the one at the times of phpBB... I need:

• a trick to force old and new users to read and accept the terms
    • a method to prove that the checkbox was necessary to move on
  • 422422 Developer MVP

Ahh you can use javascript to disable terms checkbox and submit button until they have opened terms popup

• 422422 Developer MVP

You could also display notice tht is persistant to all users, until thy read new terms.

• I understand.
    But the users that they have approved... how can I storage their decision (I mean to have a legal prove more or less)?

e.g.: the user "candyman" has red and accepted the new rules or DATE on the DATE

• 422 said:
    You could also display notice tht is persistant to all users, until thy read new terms.

Nice idea. I miss only a way to save&storage the date oc acceptation and the revision of the statement.

• candymancandyman ✭✭
    edited December 2011

It would be nice to give a limited number of days to accept the new rules before being "banned".

I was pretty sure there was some service around the Web but I was wrong :(

• 422422 Developer MVP
    Answer ✓

Well the best method is using combo of php and js , combine validation rules. Create a form, that displays until they agree.

I suppose you could also use disable functions for existing membes until they read he terms. In the mysql you coud create some extra member fields, ..

1. Date terms agreed.
    2. User agrees flag.

Then use conditions on the forum , if user flag = yes and agree date is => terms date , access is good. Dont display message again.