Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] LOVE VANILLA! But, can I allow my users to join and post WITHOUT confirming emails?

edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I LOVE Vanilla forums! This platform is GREAT. I'm new though, and I'm not sure how to fix the settings so that my users can get onto the forums without confirming email addresses. I know this is a security risk and I won't leave it this way. But for now, I am trying to get people to convert over from a facebook group to my website, which is a much more powerful platform and will help the group in the long run.

In the short run though, I am not the administrator of the group and there is a resistance to try something new (I have invited the admin to help me but she declined). I think if the transition were easier I would be able to get people to try it.

Best Answer

• x00x00 MVP
    Answer ✓

users>registration

...dropdown

...uncheck "Require users to confirm their email addresses (recommended)"

...save

this is all the info you need.

I got confused when you were talking about 'group'. You meant the facebook group.

grep is your friend.

Answers

• There is a dropdown in member's settings set default role to member instead of email confirm. However if you don't have permission to access this you can't change it.

We can't sort out conflict with the administrators.

grep is your friend.

• edited December 2011

LOL I wasn't asking for help with the administration, just trying to explain why I'm willing to put a security risk like this into play.

I have full access -this is a self hosted site. Not sure what dropdown you are talking about, my settings aren't in a drop down format.

I suspect the answer will be to start with the "users" header on the dashboard?

THANK YOU x00, for your help!!!

Here's the site address: http://www.nasjrb.classysites.com/talk if that helps at all

• x00x00 MVP
    Answer ✓

users>registration

...dropdown

...uncheck "Require users to confirm their email addresses (recommended)"

...save

this is all the info you need.

I got confused when you were talking about 'group'. You meant the facebook group.

grep is your friend.

• OMG! I've been to that screen about a zillion times and although it's clearly right THERE, I didn't see it! THANK YOU!