Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

rbg > issue causing jQuery error

422422 Developer MVP
edited January 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

This has been reported before. But seemingly, jquery doesnt like to animate rgb .. but perhaps theres another way.

Could someone please tell me what file generates this frigging code.

< li id="Comment_17" class="Item Comment Mine Alt" style="background-image: none; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 153);">

The culprit is this inline styling:
style="background-image: none; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 153);"

I believe jquery or some js function is doing the animate function for this, but cannot pinpoint the bugger down. So if you KNOW where this is being generated from then I would be much obliged.

It was discussed also : here

and

here

Could @todd or @lincoln or @tim please please tell me where this is being generated from.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Tagged:

Comments

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

First off, please don't mention the entire team. We do start to ignore people completely if they frivolously mention us a lot.

Off the top of my head I'm guessing that style happens as a result of jQuery UI's highlight effect. Have a look in /applications/vanilla/js/discussion.js for code that looks like effect("highlight".

• Todd said:
    First off, please don't mention the entire team. We do start to ignore people completely if they frivolously mention us a lot.

Off the top of my head I'm guessing that style happens as a result of jQuery UI's highlight effect. Have a look in /applications/vanilla/js/discussion.js for code that looks like effect("highlight".

I had something like this, as tod said look in "/applications/vanilla/js/discussion.js" for effect highlight. However it may just be a minor problem and if you come back to it in about an hour it may of solved itself.

• 422422 Developer MVP

Sorry todd. Will check that out. Didnt want to pick on just one of you pmsl, then the other guys feel insulted i didnt ask them.

Martin good advice lol

There was an error rendering this rich post.