Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

No database tables

mjgmjg
edited January 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I disabled and removed the old tagging plugin, then tried enabling the Enhanced version, but got a "bonk" error. Before reading all of Pamela's troubles on a previous post, I deleted the database tables and tried reinstalling the Enhanced plugin, but the tables were not rebuilt and the plugin bonked again.

My site will only work now with the plugin disabled. Is there any way I can create the database tables and start again from scratch with tagging?

Tagged:

Answers

• Try installing vanilla on a separate install, for example on your local PC, on your localhost
    then install Tagging Enhanced again
    Copy the database tables from your local install to the install that doesn't work.

When you get a bonk error, find out the details of that bonk error.

Add this to your configuration file:

$Configuration['Debug'] = TRUE;

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Thank you. I have now created the database tables. The new problem is that tags can't be added to posts. This is the error message:

{"Code":256,"Exception":"Table 'xxx_forum.GDN_discussion' doesn't exist|Gdn_Database|Query|select CategoryID\nfrom GDN_discussion discussion\nwhere DiscussionID = :DiscussionID"}

The GDN_discussion table does exist.

• The GDN_discussion table does exist.

That one should be easy to solve.
    Take good look at case sensitive table names.

• Not you mention it, the table is actually GDN_Discussion. All the tables start with a capital letter. Changing it to GDN_discussion doesn't fix it, just bonks again.

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

mjg said:
    Not you mention it, the table is actually GDN_Discussion. All the tables start with a capital letter. Changing it to GDN_discussion doesn't fix it, just bonks again.

my $.02

try changing the query code, not the table. there are probably 40 queries that are working against the table name, and only one that is failing.

• Thanks for the suggestion. Not sure what I did, but I've got the original version of the plugin working again and I'm going to leave it there for now!

• I've got the original version of the plugin working again and I'm going to leave it there for now!

Backup, backup, backup. Make backup of all your files. Make backup of your db tables. Structure, Data, Structure & data.

• @UnderDog I should have listened to you

Just reinstalled Vanilla, which was failing on the very first page, after Disabling and then Enabling tagging in the settings page.