Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Category links in the tab bar, next to 'All discussions' and 'Popular'?

edited January 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi,

Using a modified theme hook originally provided by sahotataran I have managed to add my forum categories to the tab bar, which would by default only displays the 'Popular', 'All discussions' and 'Mine' links:

Once I actually click on a category link (as opposed to the 'Popular', 'All discussion' and 'Mine' discussion links), however, the categories disappear from the tab bar:

I actually need to click on one of the discussion links mentioned above to have them re-appear:

How do I modify my tab bar in such a way that the category links will always be there, even when browsing a category?

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

thats fine. let me know if you need any kind of help :)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

edited January 2012

@Scoodle
    you can do this using CSS pure CSS and easy implementation. if you are familiar with using firebug in firefox then check out how i implemented the category position in my new theme

or you could have just posted your link to forum so i could have just listed the CSS here no difficulties ;)

• I am not at home right now, but I'll be sure to host & link in case I can't figure it out, thanks!

Answer ✓

thats fine. let me know if you need any kind of help :)

• Looking at your theme, I don't actually see the overview of categories in the top bar like it appears on mine. To me, it seems like I can only access your categories using the sidebar widget. I'll send you a message with the link to my attempt at a forum, hopefully you'll have time to have a look it at it, I appreciate your help!

• Thanks to sahotataran:

A second hook for categories was also needed, as shown here.