Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

URL Problems (Inserting Hyperlinks)

Hi

When adding a hyperlink...that isn't "http://" and rather "l+k://" the beginning of the link gets prefixed with "denied:".

Anyone know how to prevent this? When viewing on an iOS device I need "l+k://" hyperlinks to open an app.

Example

Answers

• Options

Nevermind guys, I figured it out.

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

Hey @anyjungleinguy. If you find the answer to your own question you should always come back and answer it yourself. This is just basic etiquette for the next person that may stumble across this post.

• Options

i think its important to write how you did it so other people can gain from your experiance!

• Options

Ah, my bad guys, sorry.

The problem lies in the HTMLawed plugin. Here it was detecting the '+' symbol which flagged it to prefix the URL with "denied:".

All it needs is a simple edit of HTMLawed.php which is located in the plugins dir.

Find the right section (e.g CTRL F "denied:") and remove whatever characters are being detected. The code is simple enough to understand, so no worries there!

I'll probably come back and make this post more detailed, I'm posting from my phone at the minute, remembering off the top of my head.

Hope it helps!

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited January 2012

Interesting
    l+k://someaddress

l+k://

l+k://

doesn't work

l%2Bk://someaddress

obviously doesn't work. There must be some exploit they are protecting against.

grep is your friend.

• Options

can't you choose a better url scheme?

myapp:// etc?

grep is your friend.