Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

ignoring users

RajioRajio
edited January 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

is it possible for users to be able to ignore other users? like have a list of users whos posts they wont see?

Best Answer

Answers

• 422422 Developer MVP

Someone say somethin ??? Lol.

Not sure mate

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• sahotataransahotataran Developer, Bay Area - CA ✭✭✭

not till now i think havent seen anything like that till now

• 422422 Developer MVP

"i may" or "it may" ;)

• x00x00 MVP
    edited January 2012

Sometimes users want you to control their behaviour for them.

If they really don't read others post then, custom scripting using a browser plugin like grease monkey would do the trick:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/greasemonkey/

Seriously it is possible to do this server side, but it is not your responsibility. If they really wanted to ignore, they could, it is called willpower.

Seriously when you run a popular forum, expect to get inundated with requests to ban, or delete accounts, wipe their arses for them, etc.

If you give in to that you are taking the responsibility away from the user, that only encourages them to act like children.

grep is your friend.

• 422422 Developer MVP
    edited January 2012

Two years ago we were threatened with legal action by a disgruntled ex mod who was banned, he wanted all his posts deleting. Gets on ya tits at times huh.

Anyhoo.

• candymancandyman ✭✭
    edited January 2012

@422 he won the action? You were force to delete the posts he wrote?

@Rajio anonymouse couldn't be the solution for your problem? Maybe with some specific customization could work...

• 422422 Developer MVP

No we stood our ground as our sign up terms covered us

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

422 said:
    "i may" or "it may" ;)

"it may"... good catch, as I am unlikely to do more than offer the plugin name ;)