Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Notification Replication bug

edited January 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Version 2.0.18.1

If I register as a user, I will get a little ajax notification that I need to confirm my email. If I leave this window/tab open for a long time, not only does this notification replicate itself without dismissing, it also puts an iframe into the page of the page itself, so I end up with a crazy layered duplication of the page.

Firebug doesn't give me a specific javascript error, but it appears to be in some kind of loop.

I do have my own views set up for much of the entry content and I've changed the master view quite a lot. Anyone else have this problem? Or any ideas of where I might look to troubleshoot this? thanks!

Answers

• 422422 Developer MVP

Must admit they annoy the crap out of me, personally i would prefer stackoverflow style notifications.

But havent exp' your issue

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• The site is not yet live, so I can't give out an address unfortunately.

I'm wondering if maybe it has something to do with the fact that I have a plugin redirecting users to the /entry/ page if they aren't registered? Maybe what I need to do is sign a user out once they've registered.

• iframe?

the only reason for that would be the plugin.

it does sound like it is returning more than the inform notification, so points to a bug yes.

grep is your friend.