Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Premium Skin released on Vanilla ( Game )

422422 Developer MVP
edited February 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Game Forum by VanillaSkins

Demo here : http://vanillaskins.com/game-forum

Download here : http://vanillaforums.org/addon/game-theme

This is a PREMIUM theme that we SELL. We are giving the theme away for free, our way of supporting Vanilla and saying Happy New Year.

Im not asking for money but please click LIKE if you appreciate our effort and offer.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2012

It's not working for me. It just displays the default vanilla theme.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP
    edited February 2012

Have u enabled it via dashboard.

Clearly states in the write up.

Do not use the ABOUT.php file ( first one you see ) this is needed to be able to upload to Vanilla Forums, instead open the Game Folder, and read the readme.

• Options

Hello!

I liked your theme and have used it in my forum. Is it possible to make the background cover the whole site? I changed it in my own and I noticed there's a white space after I scroll pass the background's bottom area.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP
    via Email
    Sorry, we do not offer free support to our free themes.

Please ask on the forums for support, or indeed you may engage us to do any
    modifications for you.

Regards

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2012

422, I'm beginning to see your point.

Over 400 people downloaded this theme (surely some are using it or did or used it as a springboard into creating their own theme).

I see people 3 people clicked awesome.
    and 1 person thanked you and 1 person didn't follow instructions.

it seems more and more that the time spent offering free add-ons, supplying custom free help, and not so much as a thank you, makes it less and less compelling to offer free help to the "grab and run" crowd who never offer to help anybody else.

I, too, am thinking of changing things as far as support.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP
    edited August 2012

Like I said in PM @peregrine, I am going off Vanilla. I always thought things were gonna change, and for the better. However, this area is seemingly more and more a repository for DIY enthusiasts, and with little or absolutely no interjection from the powers that be, in customising Vanilla, for the DIY brigade and compartmentalising and capitalising on those of us who give up a lot of time... it seems pointless, being on here.

For the very reason, I feel like I am a free "non titled" non attributed support person for Vanilla. As such that isnt what I signed up for, and the whole place is a mess.

I suppose this is formal notice of me walking away from Vanilla, until such time as the devs change things.. inc. search , so that noobs dont keep asking the same questions over and over and over.

I mean why should I come on here day in day out and get little or zilch in return cept a poxy badge lol.

Anyhoo, for the OP.

If you use a free theme, you get no support whatsoever.

If you wish to pay us to fix anything or customise, then fire me an email.

As already stated, I will venture on here from time to time but I wont be adding to the mix, until significant changes are made. This being one of the reasons I walked away from vBulletin !

oh and p.s. Vanilla is great software

• Options

@422 said:

Like I said in PM peregrine, I am going off Vanilla. I always thought things were gonna change, and for the better. However, this area is seemingly more and more a repository for DIY enthusiasts, and with little or absolutely no interjection from the powers that be, in customising Vanilla, for the DIY brigade and compartmentalising and capitalising on those of us who give up a lot of time... it seems pointless, being on here.

For the very reason, I feel like I am a free "non titled" non attributed support person for Vanilla. As such that isnt what I signed up for, and the whole place is a mess.

I suppose this is formal notice of me walking away from Vanilla, until such time as the devs change things.. inc. search , so that noobs dont keep asking the same questions over and over and over.

I mean why should I come on here day in day out and get little or zilch in return cept a poxy badge lol.

Anyhoo, for the OP.

If you use a free theme, you get no support whatsoever.

If you wish to pay us to fix anything or customise, then fire me an email.

As already stated, I will venture on here from time to time but I wont be adding to the mix, until significant changes are made. This being one of the reasons I walked away from vBulletin !

oh and p.s. Vanilla is great software

Thank you for replying @422!

I just liked Vanilla for it's very straight-forward simplicity unlike phpBB. Game Theme is around $5 right? When I get me salary from oDesk anytime this week, I'll pay that one for the support of the theme (like I do in some of the WordPress themes that I purchase over the past year). I'm just a new face here. :)

• Options

@xtantk

I just liked Vanilla for it's very straight-forward simplicity unlike phpBB. Game Theme is around $5 right? When I get me salary from oDesk anytime this week, I'll pay that one for the support of the theme (like I do in some of the WordPress themes that I purchase over the past year). I'm just a new face here. :)

I too think Vanilla is great software and very customizable. It's great you are supporting the developers of add-ons in both a bit of monetary compensation and expressing your thanks.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

@peregrine said:
    xtantk
    I too think Vanilla is great software and very customizable. It's great you are supporting the developers of add-ons in both a bit of monetary compensation and expressing your thanks.

@peregrine: Yes, because I sometimes messed up with everything I do, so I end up going to the support. hehehe

• Options
    AoleeAolee Hobbyist & Coder ✭✭

Feels good to reminisce the time i started my first contribution avatar on discussion pages (then indexphoto plugin was born). it was well received, a lot benefited and i really felt being part of the opensource community, then i followed it up Top posters plugin, and other simple plugins.

But like they say, you can't please everyone. there was a time I was feed up with a guy who kept on asking questions err rather asking free support, so i told him that his problem is dragging too long that maybe he would like to get my cheap service instead? guy responded => "I'm a proponent of open-source software".

This the reason I lay low a bit early and the time i told myself that i don't want to reach to a point where i will get exhausted like what happened to 422. so I just thought of creating counter part pro-version of my free plugins where it includes support and free enhancements. (honestly my paid plugin is not selling much)

Well this past few weeks, I suddenly felt guilty. Vanilla is indeed a great forum software and is helping me earn a bit thru ads (though not too much but it helps me pay my VPS hosting + a pint of ice cream a week). I felt I should just return the favor at least by helping others with their questions, or guiding people. (not support or troubleshooting code for them).

In my opinion, we must also learn to draw the line between asking question / asking for support or else we will get burnout.

Thanks for listening to my boring story.