Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Changing the boxes colours

edited February 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hey, sorry this may seem like a really simple question, but I can't seem to figure out how to change the colours of the "voting" boxes. They are blue at the moment, I'd rather they were green! Thanks! My website is http://talknqt.co.uk.

Cheers

Best Answers

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    Answer ✓

@arorak

It will help you if you learn to use Firebug in Firefox (or something similar.)

If you inspect the elements you want to change using Firebug, you will see that they have the following css rules:

.HasCommentsBox { background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #013B76; } .CommentsBox { border-bottom-right-radius: 2px; border-top-right-radius: 2px; margin-right: 4px; } .StatBox, .StatBox a { color: #99E2FE; display: block; }

In your custom.css file set them to what you would prefer.

• 422422 Developer MVP
    Answer ✓

You may need to add !important to your selectors to.

Eg.

Color:#ec008c;

Color:#ec008c !important;

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    Answer ✓

@arorak

It will help you if you learn to use Firebug in Firefox (or something similar.)

If you inspect the elements you want to change using Firebug, you will see that they have the following css rules:

.HasCommentsBox { background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #013B76; } .CommentsBox { border-bottom-right-radius: 2px; border-top-right-radius: 2px; margin-right: 4px; } .StatBox, .StatBox a { color: #99E2FE; display: block; }

In your custom.css file set them to what you would prefer.

• 422422 Developer MVP
    Answer ✓

You may need to add !important to your selectors to.

Eg.

Color:#ec008c;

Color:#ec008c !important;

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Thanks a lot, guys. I've got it sorted :)