Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Discussions and Routing Question

talaysentalaysen New
edited March 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Fresh install of Vanilla,
When clicking on a Discussion title, it always takes you to the very last post in the thread. Same thing with routed items.

Is there a way I can make it always direct users to the first comment/post in a thread?
(This is particularly important to me for the pages that I'm using routes, as I need users to see the content in the first post before they reply).

Thanks a bunch!

Best Answer

• Options
    jspautschjspautsch Themester ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Technically it always takes you to the first UNREAD post, so if they're reading a discussion for the first time it should take them to the subject post so they can read it. Afterwards it will take them to the end. Doesn't that work?

Answers

• Options
    jspautschjspautsch Themester ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Technically it always takes you to the first UNREAD post, so if they're reading a discussion for the first time it should take them to the subject post so they can read it. Afterwards it will take them to the end. Doesn't that work?

• Options
    talaysentalaysen New
    edited March 2012

Wow, I wasn't aware that was how it functioned,

but that makes absolute and perfect sense. :D

Thanks so much.