Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Wordpress Embed - Latest versions

edited March 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello all!
I am in the process of migrating from another board to Vanilla, the installation went simple enough, the migration of the data, no problem!

My issue is with getting the embed to work. I have installed the plugin from the dashboard of Vanilla.

I then went and installed the wordpress plugins and in the settings menu under:

Enter the full url of your Vanilla Forum:

I enter my address to the forums (full http link which works if i place it into the address bar) and it comes back with the error:
"Failed to validate url :/"

Everything was installed from the latest version as of today (8th March), I did try searching on the forums but unable to find anything that I was really looking for!

I assume I need this to work to be able to have a "latest posts" sidebar running on the wordpress blog?

would anyone be able to offer some assistance please? Or am i being a complete noob?
Cheers!

Tagged:

Answers

• Wow, no response, I wonder why.

I am having the same issue, I have my new install setup at http://bertboan.com/crazybigtalkplace/vanilla but when I go into the plugin settings for Vanilla in Wordpress I get: "Couldn't find a Vanilla Forum at this url :/"

Did you find a solution to your issue?

• I actually just ended up getting rid of wordpress full stop, we didn't really need it. There is a vanilla CMS addon i might try if ever we decide to add news again, but for now i'm making do with just a forum.
    Sorry thats no help to you what so ever though mate!

• 422422 Developer MVP

Goodonya @mdgm_uk

So many people use Wormpress just to do a blog.

Its a lousy user system, bloated slow and 70% of its features and architecture is redundant for most users.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• I agree - wordpress is way to slow with large user base and activity....I'm fighting with it everyday on climb.pl...