Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Why do some posts not rise to the top?

brainolutionbrainolution ✭✭
edited March 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I noticed that even when I post a comment on an existing post, the post doesn't rise up to the top of the All Discussions page.

Does anyone know why?

Best Answer

Answers

• lucluc ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Maybe the post is sunked.

• brainolutionbrainolution ✭✭
    edited March 2012

@luc,

Yes, I found the answer here: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/11223/sink

Sorry, I'm very new to Vanilla and didn't know there was such a feature. Thanks for your help.

I think there's one moderator here (I can guess who he is) who's silently stalking me for some unknown reason. I'm a reputed professional blogger in my own space and have developed a few commercial web-based tools. I'm not here to kill time. I came across Vanilla about couple weeks ago, and absolutely love it. I decided to set up my own community based on Vanilla, and joined this forum last week to learn more about it.

I have an issue with OpenID plugin on my newly set up Vanilla forum. I posted detailed information and error messages on the issue, and asked the forum members for help. Instead of trying to help me, he banned my account, and then playing these tricks on a newbie. No wonder my post is not getting any responses. I'm not sure why someone would take offence for asking genuine questions in the forum.

Here's that post that has apparently been sunked:

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/155987#Comment_155987

If you go through that post, you'll see that each time I've posted proper updates, and not just "bumping" the post for the sake of it.

P.S. In all likelihood, he's going to read this post and ban this account of mine as well. If that happens, then well, thank you for reading this post and helping me.