Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Current 'Vanillaforums.org' Plugins?

I'm a bit new to Vanilla but is there a way to get some of the features that the community forum on "http://vanillaforums.org/discussions" has? It seems like they have some really nice features built in but I can't find those in the add-on's or anywhere with the main download?

Am I missing something? I'm mainly referring to things like their WYSIWYG editor, their "views" box, their "tagging" box style, the way they setup user profiles, etc...?

Are these only things Vanilla use for themselves? Thanks in advance! :)

Best Answer

• Options
    hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP
    edited April 2012 Answer ✓

bluetidepro said:
    I'm a bit new to Vanilla but is there a way to get some of the features that the community forum on "http://vanillaforums.org/discussions" has? It seems like they have some really nice features built in but I can't find those in the add-on's or anywhere with the main download?

Am I missing something? I'm mainly referring to things like their WYSIWYG editor, their "views" box, their "tagging" box style, the way they setup user profiles, etc...?

The editor is called buttonbar

The views count is a modified version of Voting (can be done with simple css changes)

the userprofile organization can be done with some heavy theming

The tagging box can be modified to suit, but take a little code

And badges are not released, but you can download karma bank

the like function is thier own, but i wrote a similar plugin and uploaded it..

Answers

• Options

Or even their way of doing badges?

• Options
    hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP
    edited April 2012 Answer ✓

bluetidepro said:

The editor is called buttonbar

The views count is a modified version of Voting (can be done with simple css changes)

the userprofile organization can be done with some heavy theming

The tagging box can be modified to suit, but take a little code

And badges are not released, but you can download karma bank

the like function is thier own, but i wrote a similar plugin and uploaded it..

• Options

I searched "buttonbar" in the Addons section but got no results? Do you think you could link me to the above plugins that are available that you mentioned? :)

• Options
    AoleeAolee Hobbyist & Coder ✭✭
  • Options

Thanks, Aolee!

• Options

View counter style

hbf

Can you give me a clue? then I'll try to go on myself using firebug!

• Options
    hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

qwenty said:
    View counter style

hbf

Can you give me a clue? then I'll try to go on myself using firebug!

just hide the vote tally via css. if unsure on how to do that you can look at shortpanel. it uses css to hide sidepanel elements.