Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] SignIn box not showing

JawadJawad New
edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Is something wrong with my forum?
When I open a single discussion page and try to logIn, the comment box appear but only it's container and border is shown. I mean the code is something like this

<div class="Border"> <div class="Body"> <div class="Content" style="display: none; ">...</div> <div class="Footer" style="display: none; ">.....</div> </div> </div>

The form's Content and Footer element has style display:none.

When I try to login on another page, it shows everything all right

<div class="Border"> <div class="Body"> <div class="Content" style="display: block; ">...</div> <div class="Footer" style="display: block; ">.....</div> </div> </div>

What should I do now...???

Answers

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

One option is to update the core jQuery library to the latest version. To do this, locate /js/library/jquery.js and replace the contents of the file with the latest version of the jQuery library found here: http://jquery.com/

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• That doesn't work :(

• JawadJawad New
    edited April 2012

Problem solved!
    It was the new jQuery library that I had added in the default.master.tpl
    I remove that and problem solved.

• Hi there,

I have tried your solution to update the jquery.js at my site www.golfvillage.com.my but still can't have any effect to resolve the issue of the pop-up box for signin no appearing.

Can u please help and guide me if there are anything i can do to resolve this issue for good?

I also noticed i cant login to the Vanilla Forum as an administrator - i.e. cant find any page that i can login again after the first time i have configured the Forum via the control panel.

Please help, appreciate it.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2012

@bherayyencheong

I wouldn't recommend the version you are using - jQuery v1.8.3. It can create some issues. Unless you are using bootstrap theme, everything works pretty well with the jquery that came with vanilla. 2.0.18.4

use the version that came with vanilla.

since this is a new installation - you could re-install.

make sure your .htaccess is correct.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @bherayyencheong Your problem is different from mine...
    In my case, the box was opening with the HTML but style display:none; was on the elements, and that was a jQuery issue.
    But on your website, the div tags which contains the form element are empty.
    So there could be something in your template.