Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Facebook Login error only on Safari?

edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi everyone.

When a user tries to login to my forum using Facebook only on Safari browers (I'm using Version 5.1.5) do they get the following error:

{
"error": {
"message": "Invalid redirect_uri: Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration.",
"type": "OAuthException",
"code": 191
}
}

It does not happen on Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer. I have emptied out the browser cache but still no luck. It has been doing this for over a week.

Any ideas?

Cheers Michael

Answers

• 422422 Developer MVP

Test using firebug, firefox is more forgiving than safari.. You may well have an error going un noticed.

A fella i was helping earlier had 136 errors in a js file he was using.. Which he hadnt spotted.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Hey 422 good to hear from you. What should I be looking for in firebug?

• 422422 Developer MVP

Inspect element, click on console. Refresh page ...report errors.

• he is saying a user is trying to log on with facebook connect.

facebook need the return redirect_uri to be a perfect match. If safari messes it up what can you do..?

grep is your friend.

• 422422 Developer MVP
    edited May 2012

I know what hes saying, but if users can get thru via other browsers then one can summise the url build may be wrong, or could be an error in the code..

Only a few months ago, firefox had same issue until they patched a fix, but it did throw an error

• Ok I did that but nothing shows in the Errors tab. If you think this just a Safari issue thats fine with me just thought it may be something I could fix

• 422422 Developer MVP
    edited May 2012
  • Yeah I just checked two other sites who use vanilla forums (probably should of done that before I posted here) and found they also get the 191 error. So seems to be a larger issue.

• 422422 Developer MVP

yep.

• Appreciate everyones help.

Cheers Michael