Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Textarea is hidden after Posting comment

edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

in FireBug <textarea id="Form_Body"
element.style { display: none;height: 106px;width: 656px; }

Can it be cured somehow?

Answers

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2012

remove display: none

what theme?

actually wouldn't you want the Form_body to be hidden. I think you have the wrong element.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• yes, i have a wrong element. bbcode-modified cleditor plugin . and I need find a place where Vanilla sets display: none. yes , to remove it :)

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2012

search all the css files for display:none unless its set in js by some class or id.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• of course it is set by javascript code.

after pushing the post button

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2012

not necessarily - js could change the class or do a number of things including change display value via hide(), but there still could be a setting in .css where it actually changes the class. The display none could be set in js or to a class or id that already exists has a setting or display:none in your css. In any event, good luck. tried to help you.

Just curious, if you modified the bbcode-modified cleditor plugin, without presenting the code how do you expect to get an actual answer, you can only get clues.

• without presenting the code

no need - cutting off the iframe code - no more.

hide() of textarea is somewhere in Vanilla posting code.

• oh, hiding of textarea was in php of cleditor plugin. )))