Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Swapping "About" columns of profile in a theme! How?

qwentyqwenty New
edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Plz, see this picture, first!
Swapping ABOUT part

It's EmbedFriendly theme which is "RTL"ed. But I can't amend "About" part, placed into profile -> "Username+Email+Joined+Visits+LastActive ..." should be in the right in a rtl theme! How can I transfer this column to right side?

these codes of /vanilla/themes/EmbedFriendly/design/custom.css which changed them slightly:

body {
direction: rtl;
}

body.Profile div.SearchBox {
    display: none;
}
body.Profile #Content {
float: right;
margin-right:10px;
width: auto;    
}
body.Profile #Panel {
float: right;
width: 250px;
margin-right:10px;
text-align: right
}
body.Profile ul.PanelInfo li {
    text-align: right;
}

Answers

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited May 2012

look up definition lists

<dl>
    <dt class="Name">Username</dt>
    <dd class="Name">zer0</dd>

Style appropriately. It is important that you properly inspect the element using firebug, or chrome inspect, then you know how they are being style and how you would style them differently.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

A common mistake, with common.css is that users assume the design will run off this new css file in entirety.

Not so, if a element is replicated you may need to add important attribute.
    If an element is missing from a rule within custom.css then it gets pulled in from native css file.

As @x00 stated, get firebug. Its really the only way to do it.

Merely putting direction:rtl has little significance if rules declared are floated spcifically.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

@qwenty

with your images it really clarifies things. What are you using to edit the images after you take screenshot. As you said you use ubuntu. i was wondering if there was a good package on ubuntu to do this.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    qwentyqwenty New
    edited May 2012

Thanks guys; firebug was installed, but I never used it before! Now I got that I was wasting time without it, I'll try to learn and work more with it, although I'm not a programmer!

peregrine said:
    @qwenty

As you said you use ubuntu. i was wondering if there was a good package on ubuntu to do this.

It's gimp, a free & powerful app, comparable with property photoshop. gimp is available for all linux-base distros and other OS, as in Microkill Windows.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2012

you did the above image with gimp? if not what package did you use?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    qwentyqwenty New
    edited May 2012

peregrine said:
    you did the above image with gimp? if not what package did you use?

Yes, I used Gimp 2.6:

LOVELY gimp

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2012

sorry. edited. started a new thread.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Guys start a new thread :)

There was an error rendering this rich post.