HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Give Thanks to the Vanilla Developers!

UnderDogUnderDog MVP
edited May 2012 in Feedback

Hi all,

I think it's time to give some kudo's, thanks, likes to the Vanilla developers!

These guys are working their respective asses off just to give us this kick-ass forum, it's time we give something back to them.

Documentation

Working on it. I think we, as a community, could work on that. We don't need the developers unless there's something really techy going on. We would love to see their input though...

Testing

We all should do some testing on 2.1 (on local system!).

The tech (coder) guys could do the more technical testing, see if plugins still work on 2.1, report weird stuff (and hopefully solutions!) and bugs on gitHub.

The theme guys could see if all the themes still work on 2.1, report weird stuff (and hopefully solutions!) on gitHub. Make more themes if you like, guys, 2.1 has some new things regarding themeing.

For the guys that say : "I'm not a themer and I'm not a coder" we could use your help on the Vanilla Wiki site. That brings me to the following question : Do we want full sourcecode documentation? Do we want a full user manual? Just a user-guide? Or only how-to's?

Plugins

Do all plugins still work with 2.1?
Do they unpack / unzip correctly? (report from the plugin's page if it doesn't!)
Any issues installing?
Any issues using in combination with other plugins?
Theme issues?

All this can be done, while our great Vanilla Developers are working on 2.1. We as a community could do these things. Who's willing to help?

in the meantime : say thanks to the developers!

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited May 2012

edit:

Peregrine is right!

and I forgot to say thanks of course, as the first one. So hereby : Thanks guys!

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2012

let me say "thanks to the developers!" and thanks to the folks who ask and answer question on the forum and the folks who add to the wiki.

and I assume the "reserve" is to add a like until you can like the initial post!

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

Even I would like show my appreciation to these guys (Matt, Matt, Lincoln, Tim, Todd and others) but since I dont have any other means, will just say 'Thank you all' for all your efforts.

@All Give help. Get Help.

PS: We certainly need dedicated How-to section where noobs can find answer to most
    common questions and spread vanilla through their ready-to-take-off forums.

PS2: Some PR will be of great benefit to the community. Spread guys spread.

PS3: God bless these guys with lots of fame and money.

• fh111fh111 Vanilla Padawan ✭✭

I also want to thank the developers for this awesome platform! There is nothing like vanilla and i'm grateful to know about it.

also thanks to all the vanilla users that helped me understand vanilla a little better!!!
    i am trying to contribute when i can, and i wish i had more time to dive deeply into the code and learn to write addons. right now i have too many other things going on, but maybe one day or over time i'll be there

• Thanks so much, my forum is one of the most enjoyable parts of my day and especially because it's a Vanilla Forum!

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2012

Thank you vanilla developers. you've grabbed a chunk of my life, learning from your coding and trying to modify things has been quite fun.

my forum is a major part of my day too lately. having a lot of fun and learning a bunch. one problem - I have to get people to come to my house to post on it - because it is on localhost.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• AoleeAolee Hobbyist & Coder ✭✭

Thank you so much vanilla team for giving us the best Forum software on the planet!

• ChanuxChanux Admin of Geek.lk ✭✭
    edited October 2012

i have no words for give my thanks for vanilla team and this community members. i have a nice website in sri lanka http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/geek.lk bcz u vanilla :)

• Thanks guys, i really love vanilla