Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Solved] translate Category

G_MG_M
edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi,

i want to translate this part of the forums:

You are currently only viewing categories that you follow.

But it doesn't work, is there any solution?

Answers

• Anyone?

• Solved

• nice followup :).

maybe if you shared results - others wouldn't ask the question.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I don't want to give the answer directly for this question, I'll rather show how to find all needed strings in general:

Just get a good texteditor of you choice (I reccomend Notepad++) and just drag the whole vanilla folder in the editor, so all documents get opened in the editor.

Then just search for the text you want to translate, there you will find the needed phrase or the needed syntax that has to be used in the locale.

• With Notepad++ you can search inside an entire directory, so you do not need to open all files in the Vanilla directory.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• joe_ekinejoe_ekine New
    edited June 2012

I have found this string and translated it, but my translated version won't show. Any hints?

• When using the wrong strings it won't work. Those are the correct ones.

$Definition['CategoriesViewingAll'] = 'Momentan werden alle Kategorien angezeigt'; $Definition['CategoriesShowFollowed'] = 'Nur abonnierte Kategorien anzeigen'; $Definition['CategoriesViewingFollowed'] = 'Momentan werden nur abonnierte Kategorien angezeigt'; $Definition['CategoriesShowUnfollowed'] = 'Nicht abonnierte Kategorien anzeigen';