HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Ideas for Vanilla Downloads App

ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
edited May 2012 in Feedback

I'm working on an application for download management. What do you guys want to see implemented in the downloads app? Also, are you interested in contributing to the development of this project?

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

Comments

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP
    edited May 2012

Maybe you could share your vision of the tool... maybe a statement of objectives and a little mockup.

I have no idea what this is or why it is different from the adons manager app.

• hbf said:
    Maybe you could share your vision of the tool... maybe a statement of objectives and a little mockup.

I have no idea what this is or why it is different from the adons manager app.

I'll update the page soon to explain the abstract ideas.

• I like the idea. Just wondering if altering the Addons app isn't a better idea.

• Is this version for 2.1 or also for 2.0.18.4?
    • I like the idea more when I can download some plugins from my Vanilla Dashboard, just like with WordPress...
    • Can you link discussions to the download applications? Can you discuss a specific download?
    • Are you using the same categories as the forum discussions? Can you tag downloads?
    • How easy is it to add custom fields to the downloads application?
    • Do you have your own uploading functionality or are you using FileUpload's functionality?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• @UnderDog: It will be developed for 2.1 since it looks like it's going to be released soon, but it should work for 2.0.18.4 as well. This downloads app isn't for downloading plugins from the Vanilla website, but for your own downloads.

It is possible to create a discussion for a download and select a category for each discussion, which means that tags for those discussions will work, but if you mean tags for each download page, then it's a planned feature.

A basic admin page will be created for the downloads app first and will include ways to add custom fields to each download.

The app will have its own uploading functionality and does not depend on the FileUpload plugin.

• I wish to upload multi files with extensions defined by the admin, with a progress bar. All files uploaded should have a download link where only registered users are able to download them. After uploading the files, PDF, docs, etc to open just like scribd.

• Ummm... Mr@ShadowDare.....Can you please give us the plugin as its not there....

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@RamiroCruzo

Welcome to the community.

I don't imagine that resurrecting a discussion that is over two years old is going to get you too far.

I'd assume the plugin is deprecated, if it is no longer available.