Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Attachment link broken

jspautschjspautsch Themester ✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

When attempting to upload a file, the file seems to upload successfully, but the preview link is bad: It redirects to index.php?p=/uploads/FileUpload/... instead of just /uploads/FileUpload/...

After posting, you can view the attachment, but this means you can't see what attachments you've made before you post.

Answers

• Options

with all the talk about this plugin - it seems it should be rewritten from the ground up! and from what I've seen of your skills - you are the one to do it :).

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    jspautschjspautsch Themester ✭✭✭
    edited June 2012

This same problem actually affected it's ability to generate thumbnails as well. The links it provides for the actual thumbnail location and the utility method to generate the thumbnail are the same format "/...", which would only work on a Vanilla installation that has prettified its URLs. Mine shows index.php, and this plugin doesn't seem to work well with that, because to generate the thumbnails it needs to call "index.php?p=/utility/...", but to display files it needs to call "/uploads/...", yet the plugin doesn't seem capable of making that distinction. I have since manually updated the plugin to work with my installation, but I feel like an approved plugin should be able to support Vanilla installations that show "index.php?p=" out of the box.

• Options
    meshugymeshugy Musician/Hacker ✭✭

I have this same issue. The preview thumbnails do not display after a file has been uploaded. I'm running Vanilla 2.1b2 and using Fileupload 1.7.1

The attachments themselves do get uploaded and will display properly once the comment has been posted. The only problem is the preview thumbnails not displaying when composing the post.

Can you provide more details on how you fixed this? thanks...