Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Core Flagging plugin: why is it in a forum and not moderation section ?

edited June 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

of Dashboard

:)

Answers

• does it really matter?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• edited June 2012

Surely DOES

usually when you set moderator

you set for him only moderation tools in dashboard

:)

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2012

you can change the position

line 43 - you probably know but in case somebody want to move it.
    change
     $Menu->AddLink('Forum', $LinkText, 'plugin/flagging', 'Garden.Settings.Manage');
    to
    $Menu->AddLink('Moderation', $LinkText, 'plugin/flagging', 'Garden.Settings.Manage');

but a question to you @johansonlocker what permissions do you grant to allow viewing the dashboard for moderators.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• edited June 2012

@peregrine,

you can change the position

of course I've done this :) it is not shown for moders anyway :)

but a question to you @johansonlocker what permissions do you grant to allow viewing the dashboard for moderators.

Manage moderation - It is obviously.

then by url /forum/dashboard/log/edits

moderator can see his section of Dashboard.

If you grant him manage\view Settings moderator also sees a standart reference to Dashboard in the header menu and able to manage some plugin Settings, appearance and so on. So I'm interested only in moderation section.