Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

disable recent commented topic to be shown at the top

pedenskipedenski New
edited June 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

some of my users reply to old threads which is troublesome. is there a way we can disable this so old topics dont get back to the index page or be shown at the top list of discussion?

Best Answer

Answers

• x00x00 MVP
    Answer ✓

sink, close,

also try my plugin

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/autoexpirediscussions-plugin

you can set up for specific categories. Those with permission can reset.

grep is your friend.

• pedenskipedenski New
    edited June 2012

@x00 thanks for the link.
    why is there an option "dont even think about it?" why cant it be only a yes or no this kinda confuses me sorry :)

how can i remove/not show the label "expired" ?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2012

probably with the use of firebug to find the element and a change for that in the css for that element or a modification to the plugin.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I creating a backend interface, it didn't need to be perfect. I want the user to consider the seriousness of making that decision. It may be quirky, but didn't think it was worth putting a confirmation pupup either.

grep is your friend.