Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Admin permissions override default role settings set in admin?

SheilaSheila ✭✭
edited June 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi!

As odd as it might sound, I'd like to hide some forums from a admin user in a forum & discussions view.
Permissions have been set correctly (can not see a certain forum etc.) from admin panel, but it looks like admin role (user id 1) overrides these still?

Also the default category permissions have been set to null, so that can't be the issue. My Vanilla version is 2.0.18.4.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

User 1 has a hidden flag set in the DB called Admin. You can go into the db and unset this flag, but I recommend having at least one user with this root permission even if you don't sign in as that user very often.

Answers

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

User 1 has a hidden flag set in the DB called Admin. You can go into the db and unset this flag, but I recommend having at least one user with this root permission even if you don't sign in as that user very often.

• SheilaSheila ✭✭

Just super, thanks! This has been solved now.