Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Any chance of adding screen shots

peregrineperegrine MVP
edited June 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

alway nice to see what the plugin does.

got this error. 
Table 'vanilla.GDN_discussion' doesn't exist
select d.InsertUserID as `InsertUserID`, d.DiscussionID as `DiscussionID`, d.Name as `PostName`, d.DateLastComment as `DateLastComment`, d.LastCommentUserID as `LastCommentUserID`, u.UserID as `CommenterID`, u.Name as `CommenterName`, p.UserID as `PosterID`, p.Name as `PosterName` from GDN_discussion d left join GDN_user u on u.UserID = d.LastCommentUserID left join GDN_user p on p.UserID = d.InsertUserID order by d.DateLastComment desc limit 5

if I remove the plugin I get no error. I don't have a production forum, so0 its not critical for me.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Best Answer

• AoleeAolee Hobbyist & Coder ✭✭
    edited June 2012 Answer ✓

should be GDN_Discussion i think?

Check out my other plugins here

Answers

• AoleeAolee Hobbyist & Coder ✭✭
    edited June 2012 Answer ✓

should be GDN_Discussion i think?

Check out my other plugins here

• It's some kind of case-sensitive problem, yes. We had something similar with the tagging plugins, some while ago.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2012

what's curious to me is how did anybody of the 90+ downloads get this plugin to work, without mentioning that it didn't work (without the change below), or is it OS or mysql specific.

presented a panel of latest discussions.

->From('discussion d')
                ->Join('user u', 'u.UserID = d.LastCommentUserID', 'left')
                ->Join('user p', 'p.UserID = d.InsertUserID', 'left')

changed to:

->From('Discussion d')
                ->Join('User u', 'u.UserID = d.LastCommentUserID', 'left')
                ->Join('User p', 'p.UserID = d.InsertUserID', 'left')

another minor fix their needs to be a space between author and discussion in the panel for readability.

no comment from author of plugin as far as screenshots.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Added screenshots, fixed that bug (my localhost has lowercase table names), and made it look "good" with the default vanilla theme.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.