Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

2.1 version. Questions

422422 Developer MVP
edited July 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Are you gonna stick with .tpl files or also offer .php within developed rc release?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2012

the default theme doesn't use tpl in 2.1.

corrected

see Todd's message

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

The default theme of 2.1 does indeed use a tpl file and we will be using them for all new master views we develop internally. PHP is still supported, but I don't recommend it.

• 422422 Developer MVP

Hmmm.

Okies thanks.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2012

followup question in default.master.php - you can use removegroup to remove links.

what would be the equivalent in smarty? since the tpl' will be in use. or will you be providing a smarty function?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    edited July 2012

Our idea would be to just not put those links in the theme in the first place. Each link is a tag so you can just remove them from the theme.

• duh! didn't think of that. thx.