HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Roles & Permissions

cmccarracmccarra New
edited August 2012 in Feedback

Is there an outline of what each role and permission does/allows the user to do? I'm only after discovering that registered users could not upload avatars. I had to tick yes to manage beside users to allow them to do upload profile pictures. I didn't think this would make sense, I thought that option mean't they could manage all users. It's just a bit confusing, something that should probably be added to documentation. I would but I don't know what each permission does myself let alone write documentation on it :L

Connor

Tagged:

Comments

• cmccarra said:
    It's just a bit confusing, something that should probably be added to documentation. I would but I don't know what each permission does myself let alone write documentation on it :L

so... after you've figured out what each permission does, please prepare to write it on the Wiki for us :-)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited August 2012

cmccarra said:
    I had to tick yes to manage beside users to allow them to do upload profile pictures.

No, it's Garden.Profile.Edit not Garden.Users.Manage.

I agree it's confusing. That page needs simplification & documentation for the advanced (currently default) version.