Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How do I use the Pages plugin? Do I need to read the README?*

misifimisifi New
edited August 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I have installed and enabled the application just fine and dandy. Is there any guidance at all as to how implement it?

Does it help create the pages or do I have to create them outside of the programme and then import them in?

Sorry if this seems dumb but I am new to Vanilla and just feeling my way.

Thanks
John

Comments

• this from the readme.txt

This is an alpha release of the Vanilla Downloads Application. It should not be used in a live environment and is in a preparation stage.

HOW TO INSTALL
    1. Extract the downloads folder into the "/applications/" directory from the root of your Vanilla installation.
    --- It will look like this: /vanilla/applications/downloads/...

You might be better off to use the Custom Pages plugin

or modify csakip's memberslist plugin which gives an example of a custom page.
    It seems much easier to modify than the Custom Pages.

If you use the pages plugin -it looks like the basic structure of an application, but if you read all the comments from all the other users
    - you will see not one user suggested they got it working and the author has not provided an explanation or a screenshot (In my opinion if there is no explanation or screenshot - it is not worth the time or trouble to even attempt to implement.) This should give you some idea on how to proceed or NOT!.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Thank you, for taking the time to answer.

John