Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Developer Wanted, minecraft economy, display a players balance from an sql database.

NonnisiNonnisi New
edited August 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I wondered if any devs would be interested in doing a super simple little addon. All it needs to do is display a players in game balance under their name from a mysql database. The player would just set what their ingame name is in their profile/ or it under there vanilla user name as default, and the addon does the rest. I can offer a small reward if needed.

Comments

• 422422 Developer MVP

Define : small

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2012

define: super simple

how come you don't do it?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• 422422 Developer MVP

Famous last words lol

I recall when i owned our flooring business, customers would say:

I would do it myself but i am too busy

Its just a small job.

Its straightforward and simple.

Wouldnt take a pro long to do

God lovem :)

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• If it bothers you all I can remove the scale description...

• would the addition of points be on a vanilla page or a custom page.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Neither, it literally just needs to display a number from sql. Any changes to the sql happen ingame, all the addon does is display.

To setup, you would just enter the mysql login info in addon config. The mysql table has two fields, money and name.
    So this addon displays the money for the corresponding name.

It tries to use a players vanilla name as default, however if they have a different vanilla name to their game name, they can configure it in their profile.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2012

let me try again

would the "display" of points be on a vanilla page or a custom page.

if it is on a custom page or in minecraft itself I can't help you

if it is on a vanilla page, I might be able to help you on this forum if you post an image of where on the page you would like it.

• NonnisiNonnisi New
    edited August 2012

It migth look something like this.

Look just under your user name, The currency name would also need to be in the config, in this example I have used "Fe" as the currency name.

• 1) So you just want to retrieve a number out of an external database and put it on the vanilla comment page? and the discussion page? for each user?

2) and pull a symbol out of a config.php variable

I know its clear in your head. not in my mind.

Vanilla Pages Correct?

• PateyPatey New
    edited August 2012

i know what he needs- i run a minecraft server myself. the game server has a plugin that records user data to a mysql table- the first column is the player name, and each thereafter is one of the stats. he wants a page that pulls the player name and stats and displays them to the users.
    and for users to be able to attach that name to their profile?

@Nonnisi
    I recommend the beard stat plugin if you're using bukkit
    I would do it myself if i knew how to make a vanilla addon/plugin, could do a webpage for it though or you could use the one on the bukkit forums (dunno if its been updated though)

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2012

Thx for the explanation.

A vanilla plugin works with vanilla software.
    if he want to read an external database in vanilla, it can be done with the usual host, password, db, and user.

he wants a page that pulls the player name and stats and displays them to the users. and for users to be able to attach that name to their profile?

so he just wants a few more fields in the profile with those stats.

is this what you want?

so a user would enter the minecraft screen name in a field in the vanilla profile page, it would check the minecraft base and then display the users minecraft name, money from the minecraft database and a currency (e.g. Fe) from the config.php.

how long can minecraft names be?
    upper and lower case A-Z and 0-9 (any other characters allowed?)

• NonnisiNonnisi New
    edited August 2012

Yes, I think you have got it, minecraft names can be 16 chars long. a-z, A-Z, 0-9, _

• oops for some reason i thought it was for stats not iconomy -.- sorry, but same process to get/display info lol