Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Trying to install Vanilla with alternative MySQL port (3307) - "No such host is known" error

edited September 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I'm trying to install Vanilla 2.0.18.4 on Windows with PHP 5.3 and IIS6. I have the php-IIS setup complete, but when I navigate to http://site.com/vanilla and fill in the setup info, I get the following error:

"The connection parameters you specified failed to open a connection to the database. The database reported the following error:
SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: No such host is known."

I'm using the following:
Database Host: localhost:3307

I setup a blank database called van_forum, and grated full permission to a new user for that database. I've verified that the user has access by logging into MySQL Query Browser. Any help?

Answers

• Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

Php can't find your localhost. When this type of thing happens I usually recommend you try your localhost ip address 127.0.0.1.

• Options
    estest New
    edited January 2013

@Todd
    I moved my question into this separate topic as this question is "answered".