Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Jump to first Unread... in embed?

edited September 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Is there any coding or workaround or anything that I can have the signed in users jump to first unread with embedding the forum? My blog is heavily themed/mod/etc and one of my key reasons to move from VB4/5 to Vanilla 2 was the embed feature. The site has been up only 1 day and already there is a huge increase in traffic, pageviews and cross pollination between blog posts and discussions in the forums. One feature I had all the members ask for is the jump to first unread, but from what I can tell that is only on the themed version, not the embed.

So, any coding peeps have ideas on how I can get that jump to 1st unread to work? Thanks much!

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

going to first unread message with the embed theme when embedded in wordpress if you are logged in, does indeed work.

but you haven't said what version of vanilla you are using or if you are custom embedding

so I can't say much more.
    there are quite a few versions of vanilla 2

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2012

going to first unread message with the embed theme when embedded in wordpress if you are logged in, does indeed work.

meant to say embed theme itself will jump to first unread if you are logged in, if it is not embedded.

as far as what actually embedding a theme does to that ability I can't say.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Thanks, I have it working on the theme when not on the embed page, but wanted it on the /forums vs. /vanilla. It's okay, just a minor annoyance. I set the discussions to just show 20 v. 50 and that seems to help a bit.

• Options

I am still having exactly the same issue after several months looking for an answer, so if anyone knows any htaccess tricks or something to get this to work, please share…

My thread is here:
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/20965/cant-get-vanilla-to-jump-to-most-recent-comment