HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla 2.1a test on localhost goes awry

edited September 2012 in Feedback

I installed the 2.1a on my local machine to give it a go. Initially everything looked good but then there were issues.

-- The first one was this:

As you can see all the styling had vanished. This did not happen at first, actually when I reloaded the application after about 5 hours of installing this, I got it. Then, when I cleared the tables off the database and made a fresh install, everything was fine again! All my file permissions and database tables were correct and I have the latest LAMP installed.

-- The second one was this:

Here, whenever i make a comment on a discussion, the comment is lodged in form of the discussion title. Every friggin time the same thing happened. Although the Activity view was working fine and was accepting comments normally.

I also have a vanilla 2.0.18.4 installed and it works completely fine. So I guess these are glitches in code somewhere.

Anyways, I want to say that the upcoming version is really cool. The vides and tutorial links on a separate page was a good idea. And the new BitterSweet theme really rocks! I just hoped there was some way to add more items to the topmost menu on that theme as currently it only contains the Home button.

I also really appreciate the table view integration into the core application.

This was just meant as a feedback. I understand that this is an unstable version and glitches are expected. This is some seriously good work. I just hope you guys get it stable soon!

Tagged: