Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Need to edit the CSS link

edited October 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi,
I need to edit the for the styles.css file. I can't seem to find that line anywhere though, where can I find it?

Comments

• What are you trying to do? Are you 100% sure that you need to edit the link to the style.css file or wouldn't it be a better option to make a new theme and only edit the changes in there?

• @lucasbytegenius said:
    Hi,
    I need to edit the for the styles.css file. I can't seem to find that line anywhere though, where can I find it?

think how much sooner you would get a solution if you actually posted specifics.
    It's generally a good idea not to modify styles.css and just to modify custom.css (create one if needed) in the themeyouareusing/design/custom.css

also read the documentation on themes.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• edited October 2012

Dang it, what I meant to say is that I need to edit the link href="styles.css" line somewhere. Need to change some attributes. Is there a view that has this?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2012

the proper way to do it is ..
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/168763/#Comment_168763
    and here
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/19915/deploying-a-new-forum-and-adding-a-theme-for-everyone#latest

information-wise
    css gets added in class.controller.php

you could also do things like this in a plugin or app

$Sender->ClearCssFiles();
    $Sender->AddCssFile('style.css');

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• information-wise css gets added in class.controller.php

That's what I needed to know.

I think I got it sorted out though, was trying to make a color changer and use the main theme CSS as the default reset, but needed to add a title attribute to it to make it work right. Made all the colors into separate CSS files, including the default one, and the problem was fixed.