Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Batch actions for accepting/rejecting new members not working

rkneschkerkneschke New
edited October 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello,

in the dashboard where I can approve or reject new members, the batch buttons are not working for me.

When I click on "action" in the first column, all applicants get ticked, but when I click on "reject" on the page end, nothing happens. When I manually reject members, everything works fine.

I need to do this, because I get a lot of automated (SPAM) applicants.

Maybe there is another way of blocking SPAM applicants?
For example if certain words are used in the "why do you wanna join?" field or block certain mail hosters (like hotmail.co.uk)...

Thanks in advance,
Robert

Comments

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited October 2012

@rkneschke

I would strongly recommend the BotStop plugin - it has totally ended bot spam members applying on my site.

See this thread for further info:

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/20464/feedback-on-botstop-plugin#latest

Not sure why the batch delete isn't working.

You could always do it via phpMyAdmin.

• @whu606. Does batch delete work for you in the "member application" section?

And I tried to install BotStop, but have not yet got to figure out the necessary changes I need to make.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@rkneschke

I've always previously been able to batch delete applicants - but haven't had to try recently!