Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Socket error: Connection timed out [110]

KnudKnud New
edited October 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi 3nc0de,

seems that I've got the same problem as Blackstorm72: we're using a TS-Server from lan4play.de and tried to get your TS-Addon running on our self-hosted forum. Unfortunately, we get the message Socket error: Connection timed out [110], although we doublechecked all entries in the configuration backend and asked the TS-Support to add our Forum-IP to the whitelist. Additionally, they advised us to ease the security restrictions on our Webspace, but I don't know, what exactly we should change. Does this sounds familar to you or do you have another solution?

Comments

• I don't use this plugin but

did you try increasing your timeout value from 2 to a higher number?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Thanks for your hint - indeed, I changed this up to 20 sec, but the only effect of that was a unacceptable loading time of the forum page