Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Plugin not functioning properly....

Hi all,

so I downloaded and installed this plugin and at first it didn't work because I didn't realize I needed to enter an email address that's to be notified upon a registration approval request. I then went about integrating the bot stop plugin with this one according to the relevant threads and instructions, including @peregrine's modified version and all. To make a long story short, I now get the following error message:

exception 'phpmailerException' with message 'You must provide at least one recipient email address.' in /home/mysite/public_html/sub/forum/library/vendors/phpmailer/class.phpmailer.php:549 Stack trace: #0 /home/mysite/public_html/sub/forum/library/core/class.email.php(202): PHPMailer->Send() #1 /home/mysite/public_html/sub/forum/plugins/ApprovalEmailNotification/default.php(90): Gdn_Email->Send() #2 /home/mysite/public_html/sub/forum/library/core/class.pluginmanager.php(648): ApprovalEmailNotification->EntryController_RegistrationPending_Handler(Object(EntryController), Array, 'entrycontroller...') #3 /home/mysite/public_html/sub/forum/library/core/class.pluginmanager.php(590): Gdn_PluginManager->CallEventHandler(Object(EntryController), 'EntryController', 'RegistrationPen...', 'Handler') #4 /home/mysite/public_html/sub/forum/library/core/class.pluggable.php(127): Gdn_PluginManager->CallEventHandlers(Object(EntryController), 'EntryController', 'RegistrationPen...') #5 /home/mysite/public_html/sub/forum/applications/dashboard/controllers/class.entrycontroller.php(1033): Gdn_Pluggable->FireEvent('RegistrationPen...') #6 /home/mysite/public_html/sub/forum/applications/dashboard/controllers/class.entrycontroller.php(980): EntryController->RegisterApproval('') #7 [internal function]: EntryController->Register() #8 /home/mysite/public_html/sub/forum/library/core/class.dispatcher.php(322): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #9 /home/mysite/public_html/sub/forum/index.php(53): Gdn_Dispatcher->Dispatch() #10 {main}

What have I done to try and remedy the situation so far?

-) searched the forum for help
-) deactivated, uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin

I don't understand the error message technically, but I'm assuming this might have something to do with the plugin not storing the email address I enter?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2012

exception 'phpmailerException' with message 'You must provide at least one recipient email address.'

I don't use the plugin.

it still doesn't know who to send it to.
    i.e recipient email address.

I'm not sure what botstop has to do with it. Do you still get the error without botstop.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Thanks for the reply!

Sorry for the confusion. Botstop is currently disabled, so it's got nothing to do with it. I will want to use it in conjunction with botstop later on though.

The strange thing is, when I enter an email address in the field and click save, the email address disappears from that field and I get the message that my changes have been saved... I figure that's unusual behavior, as there is no way of telling which email addresses are being notified.

• @peregrine any idea what this could be?

Thanks!

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2012

@oneninetyeight said:
    peregrine any idea what this could be?

Thanks!

sorry I don't use the plugin. It seems not worth researching for two reasons

1) http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/147619/#Comment_147619

2) and you probably don't want to make a monetary contribution to look into it if no. 1 is true.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Ok, that makes sense. I'll just wait for the update then.

Once again, thanks for your help. I really appreciate it!