Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Votes covering post

edited March 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I just recently installed the votes plugin and the vote up/down graphic is covering the posts. My forum is embedded into Media Wiki, which could possibly be what complicates things. Could I in some way fix this?

http://epicnuts.com/index.php?title=Forums#/

Best Answers

Answers

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff
    edited November 2012

The .Votes element is positioned absolutely and therefore only "works" out-of-the-box with the default theme. What you could do, is position it statically and then float it like this:

ul.MessageList div.Meta span.Votes {
        position: static; /* Reset the position attribute to default */
        float: left;
        margin-right: 15px; /* Just to add some distance to the post meta  */
    }

This would look like this:

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2012

deleted - I didn't see kasper's post (it wasn't there when I started this message.).

kasper had a better solution.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @kasperisager said:
    The .Votes element is positioned absolutely and therefore only "works" out-of-the-box with the default theme. What you could do, is position it statically and then float it like this:

ul.MessageList div.Meta span.Votes {
        position: static; /* Reset the position attribute to default */
        float: left;
        margin-right: 15px; /* Just to add some distance to the post meta  */
    }

This didn't really change anything, unless I didn't do it right. I replaced the existing code for ul.MessageList div.Meta span.Votes with yours and nothing at all happened. But thanks for the response!

• edited November 2012

I added it to embed friendly's custom.css, it still changes nothing though.

EDIT: It works now, thanks a lot. It just had to take a little time.