HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

new post /unread post notification?

If there some way to see if there are new posts in the categories or discussions?

Comments

• Options
    mcu_hqmcu_hq yippie ki-yay ✭✭✭
    edited December 2012

This should show up in the main category view:

Foods -Fruits ->Apples ->Oranges -Meats ->Beef ->Pork

Any new post in the 'Beef' discussion Should reflect if you are viewing "Meats"

• Options

I do not see ANY notification that new posts were made. The arrows appear on all threads, and do not change if you have read a post or if a new post was made in it. I guess I should ask what the new post indicator for this theme looks like?

• Options

Hm, I don't think it will jump to the last one that you read. I actually never quite liked that feature so I just have it link to the latest post or the first depending on which arrow you clicked on. Maybe businessdad fixed this....

I'll have to see if I didn't put something in the CSS file to shade a visited thread already (similar to what this forum does).

@businessdad Did you ever upload your traditional theme?

• Options
    businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

Not yet. I haven't worked on it in quite a while, due to other commitments. However, I don't recall such a feature being present.

• Options

Hi, I recently installed Vanilla and your Traditional theme. So far, I really like it. One problem that I noticed earlier today was that, on the main page, the Latest Post column was not updating to show new discussions. The forum URL where you can see that it is not updating is verrytechnical.com/discuss. If you click on Other News under the News main category, you'll see that there is a new thread about PeppermintOS that is not showing up on the homepage. Instead the hompage "Latest Post" column for Other News lists an older thread about the Raspberry Pi as the latest post. Any ideas on how to fix this, or what is going wrong?

Thanks for putting this theme together, hopefully you can help me fix this so that I can put this vanilla test forum into production and replace my site's hacked together phpBB forum :) hehe.

• Options
    edited February 2013

Yea, someone brought this to my attention a long time ago. Download the latest from github and let me know if it fixes it: https://github.com/mcuhq/TraditionalPlugin

The SQL was changed since a few things changed between versions