Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Audio with playlist functions

brizzlybrizzly New
edited January 2013 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi there,

I am looking for an Audio script with the ability to play within a post/thread and has capabilities of a playlist, as I would be using it for a music-related project of mine.

What is the best solution for me? Kindly advice.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

so people dont refresh page post or thread until music has stopped ?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

I meant, an audio plugin where I can feature a number of songs within the player itself... Something similar to audio.js or Speakker.

Can't seem to find one for VanillaForums. Any suggestions.

• Options
    KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff
    edited January 2013

There is no such thing for Vanilla yet. You could build one though - there are plenty of Javascript libraries that will help you do the job. Another solution would be to simply go with SoundCloud or Mixcloud and then embed playlists in posts/comments.

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP
    edited January 2013

We demoed this cpl of years ago.

Its quite easy, however the individual playlist part may be the straw that breaks the camels back.
    Our version planted a player on page that stays playing when you traverse across pages.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

• Options

@kasperisager — Yeah, true. I'll do just that, Captain. ;)

@422 — I stumbled upon that plugin of yours, pretty neat stuff. But unfortunately, I would want something on the post/thread instead.

Thanks for the suggestions/advice guys!

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

Ahh okies.