Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Can i Track My Members Privete Msgs ?

Can i Track My Members Privete Msgs ?

Comments

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@Andare

I don't think there is a 'native' way in Vanilla, but, assuming you don't have an isssue with privacy...

they are stored in the gdn_conversationmessage table of your database.

• @whu606 said:
    Andare

I don't think there is a 'native' way in Vanilla, but, assuming you don't have an isssue with privacy...

they are stored in the gdn_conversationmessage table of your database.

Sorry, im really new on this and dont talk great english, can u explain.. Where i can find "gdn_conversationmessage" i search in the folder "database" in my ftp and nothing.

thanks!

• it is a table in the mysql database you chose for vanilla during installation.

• ChanuxChanux Admin of Geek.lk ✭✭

@Konquet it is a table in your database search " GDN_Conversationmessage "

• @Waterskiaddict said:
    it is a table in the mysql database you chose for vanilla during installation.

Thanks i found!

@Chanux yes i see! I need read because some ppl try to make spam in PMs. Not bots, only stupid ppl :=)

Thanks again!

• ChanuxChanux Admin of Geek.lk ✭✭

yah.. I have the same problem. need solution for that :o

• In the code there are references to enabling Conversation moderation. I've not tried it myself because I don't believe an Admin should have 'easy' access to PMs. If there is abuse, ask the complainant to invite the Admin to join the conversation, then apply sanctions accordingly.

• 422422 Developer MVP

totally agree @50squiff

If you play out the scenario, that you perhaps ban a user who has abused another membervia PM, then it would be immediately apparent top that member that you snooped on the PM's . If he was to re register which i expect he would, I can guarantee he would tell the world and his friend that you intrude on privacy. Your community would die in an instant

There was an error rendering this rich post.